So, I’ve just arrived home from my first bass guitar lesson. Things I have learned:
– Walking around with a guitar slung across your back makes you feel cooler, even if you can’t play it.
– The Ladies take more of an interest as well. I’m just sayin’ is all.
– Keeping your thumb straight when plucking is important.
– So is keeping your arm off the body of the instrument.
– Guitars are heavy.
– Seriously, I need to get a strap for this thing. Damn.
– I will have to wait and learn fundamentals before learning to play slap bass, regardless of my very earnest claims that I “got the funk.”
– Proper music notation is not at all like Guitar Hero.
– Bass tabulature, however, actually is quite like Guitar Hero. Who knew?
Suggestions from any bass playing readers for stuff that a n00b can do when learning, are very welcome.